Topics include diseases and symptoms, investigations, treatment, examining and prevention. The book also introduces general medical vocabulary related to parts and functions of the body, medical and para-medical personnel, education and training, research, and presentations.
Professional English in Use Medicine has been carefully researched using the Institute for Applied Language Studies medical corpus and is a must for teachers of medical English and for medical practitioners who need to use English at work, either in their own country or abroad.
- Successful ‘in Use’ format.
- Covers a wide variety of medical vocabulary that gives learners the confidence and ability to function in English in a medical environment.
- Informed by the Institute for Applied Language Studies medical corpus.
- ‘Over to you’ sections allow learners to apply the vocabulary they learn to their own studies and working lives.
- Includes coverage of functional language and communication skills such as Discussing treatment and Giving bad news give students valuable practice.